Buy Glockenspiels and Xylophones for Kids | inTemenos
What makes the Xylophone great as a musical instrument?
Xylophones and Glockenspiels for Preschool Classes
inTemenos offers wooden and metallic xylophones, glockenspiels, metallophones in plastic or fabric bags, in a sturdy case, on and without a stand.
Introduce your child to the joy of music with InTemenos Xylophones, Glockenspiels, and Orff Xylophones. Our xylophone instruments for kids help develop a sense of rhythm and introduce children to musical notes. Intemenos designs and develops different types of musical instruments to suit the player’s age, level, and musical interest.
- InTemenos xylophones and glockenspiels are designed with beginners in mind
- Compact portable instruments that require no tuning
- Xylophones have wooden keys and glockenspiels have metal keys
- Easy to play - recommended by professional teachers
What makes the Xylophone a great musical aid for beginners?
These instruments are great for developing music skills in youngsters. In fact, they are often a staple in elementary school music classes. One of the main benefits of xylophones In an educational setting is that children will develop fine motor skills as they begin to learn and then feel comfortable with using mallets.
Teaching children scales and octaves is another of the many advantages of xylophones. Getting the right grip and developing proper playing techniques form the foundation of using the instruments.
Through experimentation, children will strike the keys with their mallets and find various levels of volume and different types of rhythm. With regular playing and more experience, youngsters develop their own musical sense.
Types of Xylophones
What type of xylophone or glockenspiel to buy and how much a xylophone costs depends on the type of instrument, the age of the player, and the level at which they play. Factors to be considered include the frame, the material, and the range (the number of octaves). If you want a portable xylophone, the instrument will have a smaller frame. Rosewood usually produces the best sound, but for outdoor play, a synthetic material may be preferable. For beginners, a single octave instrument may be enough, while a professional quality xylophone typically has three and a half octaves. InTemenos offers both glockenspiels and xylophones for school and for home. Remember xylophones and glockenspiels are not the same -- xylophones have wooden bars/keys and glockenspiels have metal ones.
- Choose from two types - diatonic (one row corresponding to white keys on a piano) or chromatic (two rows corresponding to white and black keys on a piano)
- Both chromatic and diatonic can have color keys
- InTemenos Diatonic Xylophones/Glockenspiels have 8 -15 keys (color or mono-color keys with stickers corresponding to notes for small kids)
- InTemenos Chromatic Xylophones/Glockenspiels have up to 32 keys - lower row corresponds to white keys on a piano, the upper row to the black flat & sharp keys
- Chromatic Xylophones with 30-32 keys require a stand and are used for playing in a band.
- With 25 keys, you can play the same music as on a piano
Wooden Xylophones for Sale
The InTemenos Orff Xylophone is a large instrument which has long wooden, fiberglass, or metal keys which are removable and produces a sound like rain - soprano, alto, or bass.
The Orff Xylophone is wooden and develops a sense of rhythm in kids. The removable keys allow for creating a simple instrument with only the necessary keys for beginners.