Tambourines and Drums for Kids and Adults
Best tambourines, kids drums in our shop - inTemenos. Intemenos Limited designs and develops innovative educational products and materials.
InTemenos Tambourines and Drums for dancing, folk music, and African music.
Select from tuned and untuned tambourines and drumsTuned instruments (8-20 inches) have a plastic membrane and are heavier, sturdier, and not affected by humidity.
Untuned instruments (4-20 inches) have a wooden frame and natural skin, are more fragile and produce a slightly different sound.
They are lighter and good for kids, children’s bands, and dancing ensembles.
4-6 inch untuned instruments are ideal for kids and come with and without jangles.
Instruments can have one or two rows of jangles. Two rows of jangles have a fuller sound.
Every school-age music lesson includes tambourine as a necessary instrument because it
- develops coordination and fine motor skills and
- allows all students to successfully participate, even if not skilled in music.
Instruments without jangles, also good for babies and toddlers.
Bring the joy of music and percussion to your kids with InTemenos’s line of tambourines and drums. Our instruments are ideal for bands, dancing, folk music, and African music. Drums and tambourines come in both tuned and untuned varieties. To play it, simply hold it in one hand and shake, tap or hit it, normally against the other hand.
Tuned tambourines and drums have a plastic membrane as a drumhead, are heavier and sturdier, and not affected by humidity.
These instruments can range in size from 8 to 20 inches and are best for older kids.
Untuned tambourines and drums have a wooden frame, natural skin as a drumhead, and can have up to two rows of jangles. They are more fragile and produce a slightly different sound.
Tambourines and drums with two rows of jangles produce the fullest sounds. They are lighter and good for kids, children’s bands, and dancing ensembles.
The size range is from 4 to 20 inches.
The smallest ones are from 4 to 6 inches in diameter.
These small instruments come with or without jangles and include:
* baby drums and tambourines,
* toddler drums and tambourines,
* kids drums and tambourines,
* and mini tambourines.
Tambourines for babies generally do not have jangles.
There are many types of tambourines
There are many types of tambourines, each with its own history and unique features.
- Shamanic Buben drums are used to evoke the spirituality of ancient rituals.
- In Persia, the daff was the primary instrument used in Gypsy orchestras. Daf is one of the most ancient and famous drums in Asia. In modern Iran, it is now considered as a Sufi instrument.
- The timbrel or tabret was passed down from the ancient Israelites.
- Zills, also known as finger cymbals, are used in belly dancing and similar performances. Sometimes, several pairs of zills can be combined on a frame to make a tambourine.
All school-age music lessons and classes include drums and tambourines as essential instruments.
These instruments develop coordination and fine motor skills and allow all students to fully and successfully participate, even if they are not skilled in music.
Playing in a band benefits children by developing their social skills and ability to coordinate with others. Musical activity enhances kids’ self-esteem and promotes creativity and self-expression.