These songs are possible to play on most drum models.
We write the note numbers above the notes because our sheet music is aimed at absolute beginners. Just follow numbers and enjoy.
Also, we add a QR code to most songs. Follow the link and find this song on YouTube, so that you can listen to the rhythm before beginning to play.
Which tongue drum are these songs suitable for?
Each tongue drum is very different and it is impossible to accommodate songs for all kinds of tongue drums in one book.
The steel tongue drum (aka tong drum, tank drum, gluck-o-phone, hapi, or steeldrum) and the handpan (aka hank drum, UFO drum, zen drum, meditation, healing, or chakra drum) are percussion musical instruments designed to help you focus on your feelings, sensations, and body.
The songs which have been collected in this book can be played on most drum models. If you have less than 1 octave of keys on your drum, you may need to skip some songs. However, if your drum has many sharp notes, you will need a book that contains chromatic songs.
Here, we have collected only simplified diatonic melodies.
1. Achta ta ta ta ta. Song from Morocco
2. A Ram Sam Sam. Song from Morocco
3. Askari Eee. Song from Tanzania
4. Atadwe. Song from Ghana
5. Banaha. Song from Congo
6. Banuwa. Song from Liberia
7. Bebe Moke. Song from Congo
8. Before Dinner. Song from Congo
9. Che Che Koolay. Song from Ghana
10. Coco Laye-Laye. Song from Congo
11. Do Do Ki Do. Song from Cameroon
12. Eh Soom Boo Kawaya. Song from Nigeria
13. Famba Naye. Song from Zimbabwe
14. Funga Alafia. Song from Ghana
15. Iro Ye. Song from Benin
16. Kanzenzenze. Song from Congo
17. Kotiko. Song from Congo
18. L'abe igi orombo. Song from Nigeria
19. Manamolela. Song from South Africa
20. Mayo Nafwa. Song from Zambia
21. Obwisana. Song from Ghana
22. Plouf Tizen Tizen. Song from Algeria
23. Sansa Kroma. Song from Ghana
24. Sélinguenia. Song from Kenya
25. Shosholoza. Song from South Africa
26. Si Ma Ma Ka. Song from Ghana
27. Sindi. Song from Burkina Faso
28. Siyahamba. Song from South Africa
29. Siyanibingelela. Song from South Africa
30. Stick Passing Song. Song from Uganda
31. Umele. Song from South Africa
32. Wa Wa Wa. Song from Congo
33. Welcome Song. Song from Uganda
34. Zimbole. Song from South Africa
35. Zomina. Song from Togo