Kalimba. 28 Traditional Native American Songs: Songbook for 8-17 key Kalimba Paperback
- Product Code: 979-8709155145
- Availability: In Stock
The kalimba (aka mbira, finger or thumb piano) came from Africa. It is a perfect instrument for playing any kind of ethnic music.
Native Americans have never known the thumb piano. The kalimba came from Africa, but it is perfectly suitable for any tribal songs.
Here are 28 traditional Native American songs adapted for 10 and 17 key kalimbas. All songs are in easily readable diatonic arrangements with number notation. Our aim is to make playing as simple as possible. Even if you don't have any musical background, you will begin to play very fast.
Here you can find traditional songs, handed down from generation to generation: ceremonial (such as corn grinding or moccasin game songs) and a medicinal song.
Also, we added a QRcode to all songs. Follow the link and find this song on YouTube, so that you can listen to the rhythm before beginning to play.
Here, we have collected only simplified diatonic melodies.
- Ani Couni. Arapaho Song. (Version 1)
- Ani Couni. Arapaho Song. (Version 2)
- Ani Couni. Arapaho Song. (Version 3)
- Medicine Song. Apache Song
- Bebi Notsa. Creek folk song
- Buffalo Dance. Kiowa folk song
- Chippewa Lullaby. Chippewa folk song
- Corn Grinding Song. Zuni folk song
- Dust of the Red Wagon. Ute folk song
- Eagle Dance Song. Algonquin folk song
- Epanay. Sioux folk song
- Eskimo Ice Cream. Inuit folk song
- Hiya Hiya. Pawnee folk song
- Happy Song. Navajo folk song
- Ho Ho Watanay. Iroquois Lullaby. (2 versions)
- Hosisipa. Sioux folk song
- Hwi Ne Ya He. Presumably an Apache song
- Happiness Song. Navajo folk song
- Inuit Lullaby. Inuit folk song
- Moccasin Game Song. Navajo folk song
- Nessa, Nessa. Ojibwe Lullaby
- Mos Mos. Hopi folk song
- My Paddle. Folk song
- O Hal'lwe. Nanticoke folk song
- Okki Tokki Unga. Eskimo fishing song
- Sioux Lullaby. Sioux folk song
- Wanagi Wacipi Olowan. Dakota folk song
- Wioste Olowan. Dakota folk song
- We N’ De Ya Ho Cherokee Morning song
- Zuni Sunset Song. Zuni folk song